Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Tuesday 11 March 2014

UK Brands I'm Glad We Have


Okay, so in THIS post I spoke about the brands which we couldn't get in the UK which I wished we had. These are the brands I see in Non-Uk blogs and on youtube which are raved about, and I wish we could get hold of their products.

This got me thinking though, it isn't all doom and gloom for us here in the UK. We actually have quite a few UK-only (I think they are UK-only, if not they certainly aren't widely available outside the UK) that I suspect others wish they could get a hold of in their country. I chose four of the most popular UK brands which I would want if I wasn't from the UK. This post is both to help cheer up us UK Folk who are still upset that Tarte still haven't bought their blushes to the UK or for those of you who may be visiting the UK and wondering which brands to check out.

1. Sleek MakeUP
If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know how much I love Sleek. They are one of the best highstreet brands available. Their blush by 3 palettes offer 3 great quality blushes for only £10, and they also offer brilliant eyeshadow palettes at only £7.99. I love all the Sleek products I own, and have never been disappointing by a product of theirs. I'd say they are my favourite high street brand for sure, and much of my daily makeup is from them.

If you are new to Sleek the products I recommend checking out first are their Blush by 3 Palettes, their iDivine Eyeshadow Palettes and their gel eyeliner in Dominatrix.

2. Barry M
From a young age Barry M has always been the brand you go to for your nail polish. They offer such a huge range of colours, including different finishes and effects. They are also really affordable and the quality is great. However, they also do makeup such as the infamous dazzle dusts. I don't own as much from them as some of the other brands, but still highly recommend them.

If you are new to Barry M the first thing I would check out is their huge nail polish range. It's what they are best known for, and they do it well.

3. MUA
MUA is one of the cheapest brands in the UK, but that doesn't mean it compromises on quality. Most of it's items are below £4 with many products only £1. Some of it's best known products are the Undressed and Undressed Too Eyeshadow Palettes which are said to be exact dupes for the Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 Palettes. They have also recently released a collection with One Direction which was actually a huge hit among quite a few bloggers.

If you are new to MUA I'd suggest checking out the Undressed and Undressed Too palettes as they are great eyeshadows for neutral-lovers. For those who prefer a bit of colour, there are many other palettes available.

4. Collection
Finally we have Collection. I think the best known product from this range has got to be the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which seems to be every beauty bloggers go-to concealer and it has countless rave reviews. I too love this concealer and it is one of the best I've tried. It offers great coverage and doesn't look cakey or dry.

If you are new to Collection I'd 100% recommend checking out the Lasting Perfection Concealer, and also the Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencils.

So that's it for my favourite UK Brands. Are there any I've missed out that you love? And to all those who aren't from the UK who can't get these, don't despair. Read my Brands I wish we had in the UK post to cheer yourself up!