Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Thursday 14 November 2013

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner | Review


I picked up the Eyeko liquid eyeliner in the August 2013 edition of Marie Claire. I was so excited to pick this up as I had heard so many good reviews and felt it was a great deal to get a good liquid eyeliner for just over £2.

The Claim:
'Our easy-to-apply, pen-style nib allows you to create thick feline flicks or fine defined lines to accentuate your eyes.  With our unique long-lasting formula featuring key ingredient Sodium Hyaluronate for a gratifying, colour-intense smudge-proof finish.  Dot along the lash line for subtle definition or press the pen gently on its side and glide on colour in a single stroke. Best used on clean, oil-free lids.'

Packaging:
I love the packaging of this eyeliner, it stands out from the typical all black eyeliner packaging that a lot of brands have. It is also incredibly lightweight and easy to carry around with you. It has a felt tip nib instead of a traditional eyeliner brush, which for some is an advantage as it makes it easier to use.

Colour:
In the swatches above I've compared the Eyeko eyeliner with my favourite Benefit Magic Ink eyeliner (which I posted about HERE) and also the Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eyeliner in zero. As you can see, the colour is far less intense than that of the Benefit eyeliner and is more similar to the pencil eyeliner. I'm disappointed in the colour of this, I expected a true black colour, but instead what you get is a faded black colour. I only like to wear true black liquid eyeliner, and for me this eyeliner does not deliver that. If you prefer a less intense look from your eyeliner you may like this.

Application:
I find application of this difficult, I tend to find felt tip eyeliners easier to use but this was an exception. I tried using it on its side and straight on and I find it hard to get a smooth line or much pigment. I've seen other reviews of this which have found it easy to use so my technique may just be wrong or I got a bad batch.

Availability & Pricing:
The full-size Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner is available from Eyeko for £10 and is available in black, purple, brown and blue.

Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty