Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Thursday 24 October 2013

Stila Convertible Color in Gerbera | Review and Swatch


I don't tend to be much of a cream blush person, I much prefer my powder blushes. However, I have always heard so much about the Stila Convertible Colors and decided to try them out. I have the colour in Gerbera, and its quickly become a staple in my makeup bag.

The Claim:
 'Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves to be irresistible. This versatile favourite brightens cheeks and lips with creamy, translucent colour. Tap onto cheeks and press onto lips. The sheer tint adds an inherent glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant colour. Our two-in-one compact holds the key to easy, monochromatic makeup. A must-have in every Stila girl's kit. '
Shade:
The shade I have is Gerbera, which is a light peachy-pink. It's a gorgeous colour which I think would suit any skintone. I find it looks natural on me, and is great when I've got quite heavy makeup on my eyes, so that my cheeks don't look overdone or take away from my eye makeup. You can apply this lightly to have a very subtle effect, or layer it to create a more intense blush. Stila Convertible Colors currently come in 9 shades. Stila also offer two trio sets, which contain 3 of the Convertible Colors.

Application:
The Application of this is lovely. It is very very creamy and very easy to apply and blend into the skin. You don't need much of the blush to get the look you desire either. You can also use this on the lips, however it can be quite drying so if you have dry lips it's a big no-no.The formula is quite thick, especially compared to some cream blush formulas so it is harder to apply subtly. I find I can apply this with either fingers or a brush, however a brush tends to work better because it is a thicker formula.

Lasting Powder:
Out of all the cream blushes I've tried, this lasts the best on me. I get 7+ hours wear out of this, with it still being noticeable.

Packaging:
I love the packaging of the Convertible Colours. They are very compact, including a mirror. They also shut securely so they are ideal for taking in your handbag. The packaging is also very pretty with the floral design on the front. I also like the fact each packaging is similar to the colour of the blush, so you instantly know what type of colour each blush is without having to open them up, ideal if you have quite a few of them.

Availability and Pricing:
The Stila Convertible colours are priced at £16 each, and you can buy them from Stila UK.


Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty