Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Friday 4 October 2013

Liz Earle EyeBright Soothing Eye Lotion | Review


Liz Earle is a well-known name in the beauty community, their cleanser (The Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser) is a cult product and is often raved about by people. I currently own Liz Earle's 3-step skincare regime (cleanser, toner, moisturiser), and love it. However, I also own some of their other, less talked about products which I also love - one of these being their Eye lotion.

I originally bought this in a set with the Liz Earle 3 step skincare system. At first, I thought that I'd use this as I had it but I didn't think I'd repurchase it once it ran out. I didn't think it would be a necessary product in my skincare regime. However, having used it for a while now, I will definitely be repurchasing this once I run out.

 What does it do?: 
Liz Earle claim:
"Wake up and revitalise eyes with cotton wool pads soaked in this gentle, soothing herbal lotion"
 I completely agree with this claim. This product really helps to wake up your eyes first thing in the morning when you are feeling groggy and your eyes are half closed. After using this my eyes are always wide awake and I feel ready to start the day. This product is also good at reducing the puffiness of eyes too. This product is amazing to use if you've had a late night or an early start and you are particularly tired. It really helps to make you feel awake. This can also be used as a gentle eye makeup remover, but I usually use a separate product to remove my eye makeup.

I have quite sensitive eyes, and I agree that it is gentle and it hasn't irritated my eyes in the slightest when I've used it.

What's in it?:
According to Liz Earle this contains:
"Naturally active ingredients include the grassland herb – eyebright, witch hazel, organic aloe vera and cornflower to help tone, cool and refresh tired, puffy eyes."
Liz  Earle also claim that this is suitable for contact wearers.

How to Use:
This can be used in two ways depending on the treatment you want. You can either apply the lotion to cotton wool pads and then sweep it over your eyes or you can soak two cotton wool pads and place them over your eyes for 5-10 minutes. Depending on time, I usually do the latter when I first wake up in order to wake up my eyes.

Opening:
If you own the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic, the opening is the same as that. The lid is a screw cap which opens up so you can pour the product onto the cotton wool pads. I love this opening as the dispenser is small so you don't waste excess product.

Price:
This is £10.25 for the 150ml bottle (the one pictured) or £5.25 for the 50ml bottle. In $, it is $18.50 for the 5. fl.oz bottle.

Availability:
Available from Liz Earle (UK) and Liz Earle (US).

Would I repurchase?:
I would definitely repurchase this! I think for the price 150ml is a lot of product and will last you ages. I didn't feel like I'd need this when I first got it, but now I see it as a necessity.

Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty