Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Sob | Review and Swatch

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know Illamasqua is one of my favourite makeup brands (I've blogged about them here, herehere, and here.) One of the first products I ever bought from them was their cream blusher in Sob. I'd heard so many good things about their blushers, and had never tried a cream blush before. I loved how Sob looked on the website and so ordered it.

The Claim:
'Tease, hypnotise, use to effect. Use Cream Blusher to highlight your cheekbones, shape your face, build and blend with fingers or a brush to create the colour intensity you desire. Use over foundation for impact, or under for a captivating glow. However you apply it, be daring.'
Shade:
Sob is a cool-toned pink colour. It looks quite a bright pink in the pan but it is easily sheered out and can look very subtle on the face. However, the shade can also be layered to create a very pigmented look. You only need a little bit of product, so this blush will last you a long time, even if you use it regularly. The main thing to consider though is that this is a very cool-toned blush, and this may not work on all skintones. I sometimes find this doesn't look quite right on me because I have a warmer undertone, so it is one you may need to swatch in store. 

Illamasqua have a range of cream blushes available, including the shade 'Lies' which is often used as a highlighter.

Application:
Application of Illamasqua blushes is really easy. The formula is very creamy and very easy to apply and blend into the skin. I prefer to use my fingers with cream blushes, but I've also used brushes with this too, and they give a good finish too. It gives quite a dewy finish to the cheeks

Lasting Power:
The cream blushes don't last as long as powder blushes, but I find that is true across all brands. I'd say these last about 6+ hours before they start fading which is pretty good for a cream blush. Wear time can be extended with powder and setting sprays.

Availability and Pricing:
The whole range of Illamasqua Cream Blushes are available from Illamasqua  and Debenhams for £18 each. At £18 they are one of the pricier blushes, more expensive than MAC but still cheaper than Nars. Illamasqua offer one of the best formulations in their blushes that I have ever used, so think the price is justified. They often have sales on their websites, with their blushes sometimes selling for as low as £10.

Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty