Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Monday 9 September 2013

Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter | Review and Swatch


Benefit Watt's Up! is one of my favourite Benefit products. It's still a recent addition to their cosmetics line and is noticeably different to the other highlighters they produce (Such as High Beam and Moon Beam). This is one of the most beautiful highlighters I have ever used, it leaves a very natural sheen to your skin without leaving you looking like a disco ball.

The Claim:
'This cream-to-powder highlighter turns up the wattage with a delicate, gorgeous champagne glow. Its smooth application and luminous sheen switches on the "wow" factor for any complexion. Apply it to cheeks and browbones, then sculpt with the soft-glow blender for your perfect gleam.'
Packaging:
As always, Benefit is top-dog when it comes to makeup packaging. Their fun and quirky packaging is eye drawing, and their cute names make a product memorable. I love the packaging of this and was drawn to it initially because of it. I also like the name 'Watt's Up' which is a play on words, and the bottle then looks a bit like a lightbulb.

The product has two sides. The first side is a sponge applicator to blend the product into your face. I actually like the applicator, which is a surprise as I tend to hate the applicators that come with products. The only worry I would have is that the sponge could possible attract bacteria as it would be difficult to clean.

The second side of the product is the highlighter itself,  it work by twisting it up and then either applying it straight to the cheeks or using a brush. I tend to mix between methods depending on if I'm traveling or not. I find it easiest to apply straight from the applicator, but more precise to use a brush.

Application:
I've already briefly touched on this, but application is really easy. It is also a very creamy formula so it is incredible easy to blend. I don't usually wear cream highlighters but I've found that they are much easier to blend than both liquid and powder highlighters, which can sometimes be a bit more difficult to blend into your foundation.

Pigmentation:
As you can see in the swatch it is a very pigmented product and a little goes a long way. It does look dark on my fair skin but it is easy to blend in (I could have blended the swatch in more but it would have been hard to photograph the effect). I like to wear this just above my bronzer to add a sheen to it. I still use this in the winter though when I use less bronzer, it adds a very natural 'lit from within' glow to my face.

Lasting Power:
The lasting power of this is good too. I've gotten 8+ hours of wear out of this. It's also incredibly easy to touch up due to the creamy texture. So even though a powder formula may last a bit longer, it's a lot easier to touch it up than it would be to touch up a powder highlighter.

Availability and Price:
The Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter is available for £24.50 from Benefit Cosmetics.

I highly recommend this highlighter, it's one of my favourites in my makeup bag. It has such a gorgeous sheen to it and highlights the skin beautifully. It is on the pricier side but you get a lot of product and it lasts ages.
Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty