Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Saturday 24 August 2013

Sleek Blush by 3 in Sweet Cheeks | Review and Swatches


If you read my haul post here, you'll know that I recently picked up the Sleek Blush by 3 Palette in Sweet Cheeks. I already own the Blush by 3 Palette in Pumpkin which I reviewed here, and I really love it. When I saw Sleek had bought out a new palette and saw the bright colours in it, I knew it was a must have for my makeup bag.

Colours:
The colours in this are gorgeous bright colours which are ideal for summer. Cupcake is a gorgeous blue-toned pink. This is the only blush in the palette which is a cream formulation. Dolly Mix is a very gorgeous lilac colour. I really like that they included this in the palette, it adds something a bit different to the palette. It's quite a unique colour and I can't think of any similar drugstore/highstreet blushes off the top of my head. Finally Candy Floss is similar in shade to Cupcake but is much more warm toned.

I think all the colours in this palette are really wearable and are great for Spring/Summer, although I will definitely be wearing these in Autumn/Winter too. These blushes do look a bit scary in the pan as they are bold, but you can create a much more subtle look by applying these lightly with a stippling brush.

Pigmentation:
As you can hopefully see from the swatches, the pigmentation on these is great and typical of Sleek blushes. The swatches are all 2 swipes each. I was glad to see that the cream blush, Cupcake, was well pigmented as this is the first cream blush that Sleek has released. I'm hoping that in the future Sleek comes out with a blush by 3 palette containing only cream blushers. These can applied to give a very intense look, or using a light hand to give a more subtle effect. One word of warning: make sure you blend these if you are going for an intense look. The pigmentation is so good that you can look a bit clownish if you aren't careful.

Application:
Sleek's blushes are some of the best affordable blushes available. They aren't quite as easy to blend as some of the higher end blushes (such as Illamasqua's) but they are a lot easier to apply than most other drugstore/highstreet blushers. In my opinion, the cream blush applied the best and was easily blended into the skin. The powder blushes are a bit harder to work with, but can still be blended into the skin with a little effort. For the price, the quality of these is superb.

Lasting Power:
I always prime my skin and found that on me the two powder blushes lasted all day, which I have found is often the case with Sleek blushes. The cream blush did not last as long (as was to be expected) but lasted about 5 hours + before there was noticeable fading. This is typical wear time for a cream blush, but this can probably be extended by powdering the blush or using a setting spray.

Packaging:
As always, the Sleek packaging is lightweight and easy to carry around. I also love that Sleek always includes a large mirror in their blush palettes as it is ideal if you want to touch up your makeup while you are out and about. Sweet Cheeks also comes in a limited edition outer packaging as it's part of the Candy Collection. However the rest of the packaging is no different, apart from the blush and collection name being in the lower right hand corner of the palette.

Pricing & Availability:
Available from Superdrug for £9.99, along with the rest of the collection of Blush By 3 Palettes.

I really like this blush trio and have been loving the bright colours for Summer. These blushes are some of the best quality available for such an affordable price. I really recommend this to anyone looking for affordable blushes which have great pigmentation



Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty