Home About Contact PR Fashion Life Beauty The List Product Directory

Thursday 1 August 2013

Favourites | July


1. Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray
I have fallen in love with this product. If I had to pick one product out of all of these that was my favourite, it would be this. I have been using this almost everyday on my hair. It gives it volume and texture, and that sort of beach-swept look. I love the fact that this means I don't need to use any heat on me hair. 1. It's way too hot in this heat without adding more heat, and 2. I use too much heat on my hair as it is. I also love how this makes my hair smell like the sea, some will hate this smell but I love it.

2. Sleek Blush by 3 Palette in Pumpkin 
I love this palette and already did a review of it here.  I love Sleek, they're my favourite highstreet brand and find the quality of their products is always incredible for the price. I love blushes, and in the summer I like to be a bit more daring with my blush as the rest of my makeup is kept more simple for summer. I like to go for the bright pinks and oranges that I steer clear of in the winter time. This palette has a bright pink and a bright orange, perfect for summer. These have been my go-to blushes this month for those bright summer cheeks. I recently bought the new Sleek Blush by 3 in Sweet Cheeks but haven't had chance to use all of the colours yet.

3. Illamasqua Matt Primer
I don't tend to really use primer but since my Urban Decay Setting Spray ran out I've been looking for other ways to make my makeup last longer. I've had this product for a while but never used it as I always reached for my setting spray which made my makeup last all day anyway. I've been using this recently and love it, it helps keep my makeup on and gives me a matte look which is great for the summer. It gives a really nice finish to the skin and it is easy to apply makeup over it.

4. Stila Lovely in London Palette
I got this a year ago but have been rediscovering it again. It has five eyeshadows in it and a covertible colour. I love Stila Covertible Colours and this colour is a lovely peachy shade which looks lovely in summer. I also love the eyeshadows, four of them are matte so great for creating softer summer looks. The packaging is gorgeous too and so easy to carry around with me.

5. Sleek Ink Pot in Dominatrix
I did a post comparing this eyeliner to two others that I own here. I really love this gel eyeliner, in my opinion it is just as good as the MAC Fluidline. I'm not going to lie, the Bobbi Brown offering still wins as the best gel eyeliner I've ever used, but considering there is about a £14 price difference, this gel eyeliner is a great cheaper alternative. It's a very true black colour and easy to apply and I've been using this all month.

6. Illamasqua Nail Polish in Radium
I love this colour. It's the kind that some people love and others will find is ugly. It's a light green with a very subtle shimmer going through it. I love how bright it is and is the perfect summer colour for me. I love Illamasqua nail polishes, they are the best quality I've tried, they just stay on and on.

7. Revlon 24hours ColourStay Foundation
I used to have this in it's old formulation, but I really love it's new formulation. Firstly the colour is really good for pale skin, (see here) and I love the high coverage. I always prefer a full coverage base, even when my skin is good. I'm really happy I decided to give this another try and it has become my new favourite foundation, since I got it I haven't used any other foundation. I'd say it's better than quite a few high-end foundations I've tried.

So that's it for my July favourites, let me know in the comments what you've been loving this month!



Twitter | Pinterest | RSS | BlogLovin' | Google + | SheSaidBeauty